About the passage
Understand and Answer
A. Answer these questions with reference to the context.
‘Then a computer made their limbs move as decided by the scientists and the programmers’
1. Whose limbs are being referred to here?
2. Why was a computer needed to move their limbs?
3. What is this kind of science called?
B. Write the names of these people in the blanks.
1. director of Jurassic Park – ____________________
2. writer of the story – ____________________
3. owner of the dinosaur park – ___________________
4. grandchildren of the owner of the dinosaur park – __________________
5. awards the film won – ____________________
C. Answer these questions.
1. Why was the park’s security system turned off? Why was it wrong to do so?
2. What was the most challenging part of making Jurassic Park? Why?
3. How did Spielberg overcome the challenge of not having enough information about dinosaurs?
4. How were the robot dinosaurs made to seem real?
5. Why is Jurassic Park called a landmark film? Give two reasons.
Think and answer
1. If you had a robot, what would you want it to do? Make a list of things and share them with your partner.
2. What do you think would be the advantages and disadvantages of having robot?