About the passage
Understand and Answer
A. Answer these questions with reference to the context.
1. ‘ ”Oh, no! What am I going to do now?” ‘
a). Who said these words?
b). What was the speaker worried about?
c). How did the speaker try to solve the problem?
2. ‘ “I’m not going in there!” ‘
a) Who said these words and to whom?
b) Where would the speaker not go?
c) Why did he say this?
B. Answer these questions.
1. Why did the children look forward Grandparent’s Day?
2. How did Grandpa make his storytelling interesting for the children?
3. Where did Gopal send his servant? Why?
4. What was the servant asked to do when he returned?
5. What did the servant tell Gopal about his friend? Why did he believe it?
6. Who solved Grandpa’s riddle? What was the answer?
Think and answer
The servant did not think before speaking. Do you think his lies were harmful to Gopal and his guest?