About the passage
A. Read to understand
1. Number the following events in the order in which they occur in the passage.
a. New Jersey students invented Ultimate Frisbee.
b. William Russel Frisbie set up the Frisbie Baking Company.
c. Wham-O bought the design of the disc and sold it as Frisbee.
d. Morrison and Franscioni developed plastic discs called Pluto Platters.
2. Answer the following questions.
a. Why did the pies, sold in tins by Frisbie, become so popular among college students?
b. The students yelled ‘Frisbie’ as they tossed the pie tins. What did the term ‘Frisbie’ indicate?
c. Why did Morrison and Franscioni call the plastic discs ‘Pluto Platters’?
d. How were the Pluto Platters superior to the Frisbie pie tins?
B. Read to infer
1. How did the idea of selling pies in tins help Frisbie’s business?
2. What made Frisbee popular in the 1950s?
3. In what ways is Ultimate Frisbee similar to the game of soccer?
4. Do you think the sport Frisbee is easy to learn but difficult to play? Give reasons for your answers.
1. Do you agree that the games played with a Frisbee help to keep one fit? Give reasons for your answer.
2. Use internet to find out about the origin and development of your favourite game, and share the information in class.
3. Here are some suggested games – chess, hockey, soccer. Check the following link to find information on the: http://school.ebonline.in.