About the passage
A. Read to understand
1. Choose the correct options.
a. How many days would the author’s summertime school trips usually last?
i) 20 ii) 24 iii) 28
b. What was the average age of the students who went on the trip?
i) 10 years ii) 15 years iii) 20 years
c. What did Dhiren describe as being related to ‘latent heat’?
i) the yellowing of snow ii) the melting of snow iii) the stickiness of snow
2. Answer these questions.
a. Why does the author say that May is not the right time to visit Delhi?
b. What pleasant memories does the author have of the banks of the Beas?
c. How did the author know Professor Sushil Panjabi?
d. The author says, ‘We were proud of our shared secret.’ What secret did the eleven girls and boys share?
B. Read to infer
1. Why was the snowfall particularly exciting for the author and his friends? How did they enjoy it?
2. What had impressed the teacher about Dhiren?
3. The author says,’ The fact that we had a teacher with us did not help matters.’ What does he mean by this?
4. Why did the eleven boys and girls who had gone to Rohtang Pass not mind the punishment? Give two reasons.
1. The author says that there were no mobile phones then. How would mobile phones have made a difference?
2. What would you cherish more: a beautiful sight or a sweetmeat like shrikhand? Give a reason for your choice.