Read the following sentences.
This dress is mine.
That book is yours.
This bike is his.
That purse is hers.
This dog is ours.
That car is theirs.
The words ‘mine’, ‘yours’, ‘his’, ‘hers’, ‘ours’, ‘theirs’ show possession. They are called Possessive Pronouns. Possessive pronouns show that something belongs to someone. They are not immediately followed by a noun.
Here are some examples of possessive pronouns.
1. Are you sure this is yours?
2. The bike parked outside is mine.
3. Stop! These cookies are all hers.
4. That painting on the wall is ours.
5. These pencils are mine, not yours.
6. The bungalow on the corner is theirs.
7. The bicycle over there is his.
8. Who owns this cycle? Is it yours?
Download Free Printable Worksheets on ‘Possessive Pronouns’