Factor is the number that can divide the given
number completely without leaving any remainder.
Example: 21 is exactly
divisible by 1, 3, 7 and 21 and there is no remainder. Thus we can say that 1,
3, 7, and 21 are the factors of 21
We can say factors are the numbers multiplied to get
the other number.
2 x 6 = 12
2 and 6 are the factors of 12
Step to find out factors of given number
- Find out all the number with which the given number is
Example: 44 is exactly divisible by 1, 4, 11, 22 and
44. So, 1, 4, 11, 22 and 44 are factor of 44.
Points to be remembered
- 1 is factor of itself as well as of all numbers.
- Greatest factor of a number is the number itself.
- Every factor of given number is less than or equal to
the given number.